Are PTC Sites Worth The Time?
If you are thinking about making money online with PTC sites but aren’t decided yet, you have come to the right place! =) But before you sign up to any PTC site, you need to know (unless you have already figured it out! ) that there are hundreds and hundreds of PTC websites out there…
It is therefore very tempting to sign up to as many PTC sites as possible, hoping that it will make you quickly and easily rich. Based on my experience, you are more likely to waste your time to only make a dime from too many websites…
Money Is All In The Referrals
It’s best to focus on what’s really paying, which is why I decided to write this post!
PTC sites can really be time consuming (I’ve been there…) so I wanted to help people pick at least ONE reliable PTC site that will allow them to earn real money with it.
I’m not talking thousands of dollars but you can definitely make a decent hundred dollars a month if you are constant and understand the importance of making a few referrals!
After all, PTC sites and online business is a lot about affiliation! So you should definitely consider taking advantage of it =)
My 1# Recommendation : Clixsense
I have been using PTC sites since January 2014 and after wasting a looooot of time and energy on about 50 different websites, I decided to work smarter and stick with only 10 sites that pay best and more quickly.
You can see my 10 favorite PTC sites in a post that I wrote but today, I will write a review on a PTC site that I believe is the most reliable and steady.
It is the one ptc site that I would recommend above all others! It’s called Clixsense. The website is 7 years old and paying, created in February, 2007. ClixSense is well managed and one of the most popular in the PTC world, if not the most but that’s just my point of view. =)
How Does Clixsense Work?
ClixSense offers different types of services for advertisers. As an advertiser, you can :
– drive huge traffic towards your website paying just a few dollars.
– Advertisers can also get others tasks completed at a much lower price; these tasks include surveys, offers, downloads etc. So it is one of the best networks to get a huge amount of work done at a very cheap price.
As a member you can sign up and click on these ads or services and can get paid. So ClixSense acts as a medium between Advertisers and Members. It also offers referral bonus and you can earn commissions from your referrals earnings.
Recently, Clixsense had also introduced another income stream in the form of Crowdflower tasks. If you’re familiar with Amazon Mechanical Turk, then you’ll know exactly how this kind of set-up works.
Business, companies, and researchers outsource mini-tasks (e.g. “Transcribe the grocery items on this receipt” “Click on the black dots on the photo”) for people to complete. Each approved task rewards the Clixsense member with a few pennies.
Cashout is through check (for US-based members), Paytoo, Payza, and Paypal.
How Do You Earn Money On Clixsense?
- View Ads : By clicking on ads and spending the minimum required amount of time on that ad, you will earn a commission. The commissions range from .001 cents to .02 cents. You just need to look through the ads, make your clicks and earn a little money.
- Offers : Offers are broken down into sub-categories. They include sign ups, downloads, shopping, listening to the radio, and surveys. They vary based on your geographical location, age range, and sex.
- Tasks : You will find different types of tasks in this category which will get updated regularly, so you will have to keep a check on it all the time. Tasks with ClixSense can be completed as many times in a day as you like. You have Available Jobs that can be completed immediately and Potential Jobs that can be completed once you’ve completed smaller tasks. As you can see, there is the job title along with the amount of tasks to complete the job as well as the payout. Again, pretty low payouts for multiple tasks.
- ClixGrid : ClixGrid is a bit like gambling. You click on a 600 piece puzzle grid for the chance to win up to $10.00 in a day. A free member has 30 tries per day and a premium member has up to 60 attempts/day. Members report earning up to a few dollars in a day to a few cents, some days they earn nothing. You also have to wait 10 seconds to see if you’re a winner and of course while you wait, you’re exposed to different ads.
- Affiliates : ClixSense has a referral program that pays up to 8 levels, like a multi-level marketing program. So anyone who signs up under your referral link (affiliate link) will be placed under you. Then anytime one of your referrals completes one of the above tasks, you earn a commission. If your referral goes to a premium level membership, you earn a $2.00 commission.
The Pros Of Clixsense
- Well Managed – ClixSense has been online for over 7 years. For a PTC site, it is very important how long it has been online and paying. ClixSense has passed the test of time – they are providing their services since 2007 without any serious issues.
- Paying – Members are paid on time. Payments are sent on every Monday and Friday afternoon EST (Eastern Standard Time)
- Various Earning Features – Though it started as a PTC program, through the years Clixsense evolved in more like GPT program. Consequently, Clixsense offers a wide range of earning methods to choose from. Users can earn money in few different ways like viewing ads, completing Tasks, completing Offers and surveys, watching videos and playing the grid game.
- Forum – ClixSense does have a very active and friendly forum community. In my opinion, a PTC site should have a forum. The forum is a place where members and staff can communicate with each other. Members can post their success stories or doubts, post payment proofs, share the experience that they had with the site, ask for support and stay informed about the recent changes made to the site. Usually, on the forum you can notice the first signs if something is wrong. If members complain about non-payments or payment delays, then most likely the site is experiencing problems.
- Unlimited Affiliate Program – There is no limit to the number of people you can refer to the site and this is excellent opportunity for members who are able to build a big downline. You will earn click commissions, purchase, tasks or offers, signup and upgrade commissions.
- Honest Site Owners ( Admin ) That Provide Excellent Customer Support
- FREE to join and to use ( Premium Membership Optional But Not Necessary )
- Promotes Activeness Through The Daily Bonus Checklist
- Over 4 Million Satisfied Members
- Cheap $17 Upgrade to Premium Membership
- Offers Advertisers Extremely Cheap Advertising Rates
- Easy to Use
The Cons Of Clixsense
- High Minimum Cashout – Even though the minimum cashout is fixed at $8.00 and does not increase after each payout, it may be hard to reach this amount, especially if you are clicking on your own, without referrals under you.
In my opinion, Clixsense is a safe and reliable website to use.
It has passed the test of time and they are paying as promised for over 7 years. With the recently introduced earning methods, even if you do not have referrals, you can still earn a few dollars a day by completing tasks, offers or surveys.
Thus, your earning potential now is substantially higher than before. However, referring others to the site is the key for bigger earnings without hard additional effort. If you manage to build active downline, you may consider to upgrade you account to take the benefits of the powerful 8 levels referral system.
Their upgrade package is one of the cheapest in the PTC industry, it costs only $17.00 per year. Premium members get more ads with higher click rates, higher bonuses and commissions from their referrals.
Now don’t think clixsense will make you rich : it is just an easy way to make extra cash. I don’t expect it to make me a millionaire overnight and I know what its limitations are. However I am able to earn something like $10 dollars a day, which each month adds up to a pretty decent extra money. And that’s it. No more no less. I trust it because they have always paid me and because I learned to not spend too much time on it.
If you are expecting to earn a lot, then clixsense will probably disappoint you (unless you make 1000 active referrals =) ) But if you want to see for yourself and to sign up to clixsense you can click here !
If you are looking for something different online, like a real full time job based on a passion or interest, I highly recommend Wealthy Affiliate. I doubt you’d regret it! =)
I hope this article was helpful! Thanks for dropping by and feel free to leave a comment if you have any question about PTC sites or if you want to share your own experience with Clixsense!