Marketing is an important part of any business, and email is a great way to reach current and new customers.
Whether you’re promoting content, selling products, or holding a contest, email marketing services can help you get the word out.
In a previous post I explained what autoresponders are, how they work and why as the owner of a (small or big) company, you should definitely use one!
Now there are many different autoresponders out there, and the 10 best ones are all excellent, depending on the size of your company for instance and what you expect from an autoresponder!
In my opinion there are three great autoresponders :
– mailchimp because it’s absolutely free and great for starters ;
– GetResponse In this article though, I will focus of my personal favorite : GetResponse. But I invite you to check the post I mentioned above if after reading this post you are not convinced that GetResponse will meet your expectations! =) I am very satisfied with GetResponse but you might be looking for something else in an autoresponder!
My GetResponse Review
Key features Getresponse’s feature set is one of the most comprehensive out there. Key features include:
– a wide range of templates
– excellent autoresponder functionality
– responsive email designs
– split testing
– in-depth reporting
– RSS / blog to-email functionality
– comprehensive segmentation options
– social sharing tools
– a wide range of ways to import data (in addition to uploading CSV or Excel files, you can also import from Gmail and other data sources).
– a free landing page creator.
– Free, full-featured 30-day trial. Google Analytics integration. Third-party contact import integration. Easy-to-use tracking tool. Option to freeze accounts. No message limits. The reporting is complete with helpful graphs, allowing you to optimize campaigns.
– Dozen of email templates to choose from : GetResponse offers a wide variety of stylish template designs for all kinds of marketing purposes. If none of the available designs happen to catch your eye, you can use a simple drag-and-drop design tool to quickly create the look you’re after without using complicated HTML code. After you find a template that meets your needs, you can easily add your own text and images using the GetResponse editing interface. If you do prefer to build an email using HTML code, that option is always available as well. The availability of quality email templates is absolutely essential if you have no design experience. Email templates are also useful for people skilled in HTML design who want to avoid the time and effort that comes along with designing emails from scratch.
– Clean, modern design : When evaluating email marketing companies, not many people think carefully about the look and feel of account dashboards, email editors, and analytical charts. GetResponse is exceptional in this area, providing their customers with a clean, clear account dashboard and well-designed tools that are a pleasure to work with. The company uses large font sizes and provides plenty of whitespace, helping to reduce eye strain and enabling you to work more comfortably over longer periods of time. Additionally, navigation is a snap since every important tool is accessible with a single mouse click no matter where you are in the system. In combination with GetResponse’s stellar tools and features, their superb performance in this area really sets them apart from much of the competition.
– Time-saving email previews : The GetResponse Inbox Preview tool provides you with screenshots of your email exactly as it appears in all the most popular email services, including Gmail and Outlook. With the click of a button, you can determine with certainty whether your email needs a little more work before you send it out. Without Inbox Preview, you can never be fully confident that a small issue won’t cause you to miss an important marketing opportunity. And what’s more, GetResponse provides use of this tool to all their customers without any extra fees.
– Landing page creator : Creating landing pages for your email marketing campaigns is an important way to provide your customers with more information about your company and to offer them a chance to buy your product online. GetResponse provides a great set of tools to help you create high-quality landing pages in minutes. After building your landing page with GetResponse’s easy drag-and-drop page editor, you can post it online for anyone to view. Then, simply insert a link to the page right into your email campaigns and wait for your customers to visit. You’re always able to access detailed reports that show you just how many of your customers click through to your page to learn more about your business. You can even add your landing page to your Facebook account to harness the power of social media. Landing pages are a great tool for just about any email marketer, especially those looking to sell products and services.
– Easy to import contacts : Although most email marketing companies offer tools to help you import contacts, GetResponse really distinguishes itself by providing a simple import tool that can handle a wide variety of contact list formats. If your contact list currently resides in a spreadsheet or text file, chances are the GetResponse tool will accept it. If you have yet more contacts stored in a popular online service such as Zendesk, Salesforce, or FreshBooks, GetResponse provides specialized tools that automatically collect your list from those services. You can even copy and paste a long list of addresses right into the tool for uploading. If you have groups of contacts scattered in a lot of different places, GetResponse is an excellent choice that will make the process much easier for you.
– Helpful video tutorials : GetResponse does a great job providing effective education materials and user guides through their Learning Center. The company’s video tutorials are especially strong, providing excellent instruction on a wide variety of general email marketing topics and the details of the GetResponse system. You access these videos through the Learning Center or find them in key spots throughout the website, providing extra help just when you need it.
– Phone support is not available 24 hours a day
– No refunds, even on annual plans. Sign-up glitches. Can’t view individual subscriber profiles
– MISSING EVENT MANAGEMENT FEATURES: The only major shortfall in the GetResponse toolset is found in the area of event management tools. If your company or organization holds live events, access to dedicated promotional tools for creating stylish event emails, websites, and online registration forms with ticketing functionalities is probably very important. Although not all email marketers need these kinds of tools, for some customers this is a major omission. If you want to supercharge your event management processes, you’re probably better off choosing a company that offers dedicated tools for the purpose.
– SLIGHTLY HIGHER ENTRY-LEVEL PRICE: Most of the top email marketing services offer plans starting at less than $10 per month, while GetResponse’s cheapest option comes in at $15 per month. To be fair, GetResponse does offer one of the best feature sets in the industry, and entry-level customers do receive full access to the company’s software. That said, if price is a major consideration in your search for an email marketing solution, there are certainly a lot of better deals to be found.
Starting at $15 per month GetResponse is an easy-to-use email marketing service with good third-party contact integration, flexible plans, solid support, and a variety of advanced features that you can try for free. Thank you for dropping by & all the best!
You Might be Interested in This !
PHP Autoresponder Script: Campaigns Delivered By E-mail And Rss! Unlimited Domain License, Import/export, Delayed Sending, Message Customization And More