As an affiliate marketer I am always searching for programs & products to review! =) I had heard a great deal of shoemoney and finally decided to give it a try. What immediately attracted me was the fact that the program claimed to pay you to learn. I had to admit that it was quite unexpected and original =) And after extensive research on Jeremy Schoemaker (the owner and creator), I thought he was successful and respected enough for me to trust him! lol
At first I thought that the Shoemoney online training program was very similar to that offered by Wealthy Affiliate, but I wanted to explore the courses and see if there was more to it … So without further ado, here is my review of Shoemoney Network !
Name : Shoemoney Network
Site : http://shoemoney.net
Price : FREE sign up quickly followed by domain purchase ($3,49/month starter, $5,95/month plus, $13,95/month business pro)
Type : web hosting products and security services for businesses and home-office entrepreneurs
Products : business training and websites. Affiliate program.
Owner : Jeremy Schoemaker & David Dellanave
Training : 5/10
Support : 5/10
Who is it for? : beginners
Rating : 5/10
The Man behind Network Shoemoney
I spent a couple of hours reading about Jeremy Schoemaker. It is clear that he is a very successful online marketer who has earned the trust of others over the past ten years and really earned millions. I think he knows his stuff, he’s a simple and yet to the point speaker and I couldn’t really find anything negative about him. That was a good start and I thought his program was worth checking out !
Jeremy Schoemaker is famous for earning over $133,000 from Google adsense, which from my point of view is quite an achievement! lol. He has created an advertising network called AuctionAds, which he was able to sell for I believe a pretty good price =)
He is now the owner of a multi-million dollar business and gets over 35,000 viewers every day… Finally, he’s been ranking in Technorati’s top 50 blogs for the past three years. So, why not try Shoemoney, right? Maybe I can learn a thing or two from the man! =)
What to Expect From The Program?
Shoemoney Network is an (almost free) internet marketing training program created by Jeremy Schoemaker that claims to pay you to learn the basics of internet marketing and making money online. I’m saying almost free, because although signing up is completely free, you’ll eventually have to inject some money into your business… But it goes for any business, right?
There are different levels in the programs (called belts like with martial arts : white belt, yellow belt, etc.) and each time you complete a training you’ll get paid. Pretty cool, right?
After I signed up and watched the intro video for the program, the first task was to post a link from Jeremy’s blog on Facebook. I did so, feeling a bit scared though to enter my paypal details but I did receive my first dollar within a few minutes. Yay! =) Here’s a screenshot of my received payment :
As I moved forward through the signup process and first lessons here’s what I understand Shoemoney offers you :
• the “secrets” to building your fully-automated online business
• a supposedly step by step course on how a few people earn a 6 figure income without owning a website or a product
• sneaky tricks to succeed, whatever your niche (market segment) is
• a closed-door formula that the only trusted insiders are using to crush the competition
• the secret to creating viral campaigns that generate swarms of traffic on autopilot.You just have to follow Jeremy’s exact methods…
• the “most devastating” Facebook techniques on the planet, the ones the top 1% use against you right now
• your very own professional-looking site up and running in just a few seconds
• tutorials on how to integrate images, texts, tables, and widgets and generate multiple streams of income!
• how to capture your audience and retain them with 5 simple techniques
• the possibility to get started in as little as 20 minutes
• step-by-step instruction and copy and paste techniques
The 8 Levels of Training : The Ninja Belts
Signing up only takes a few seconds. All you need is your name, email, paypal email & cellphone number. See screenshot below.
And then as your profile is set up you are going to have instantly access to the first level of training : the White Belt.
White Belt : getting started
Yellow Belt : Learn how to make your site look good and begin adding content
Orange Belt : Learn how to make your site look better and more professional
Blue Belt : Learn how to make your site look good and also mobile and social friendly
Red Belt : Learn how to get your email newsletter setup for your website
Purple Belt : Learn how to get your newsletter setup for automatic sequencing and also integrate with your website
Green Belt : Learn how to create your Facebook page, ninja ways to get likes and fans, and tie it all together with your website
Black Belt : Getting focused on driving revenue and traffic
Once you have gone through the above training, you have access to the Ninja Levels =) These cover a large variety of topics such as : google analytics, copyrights, layout and downloads, youtube, marketing strategy, pinterest, autoresponder… and much more!
Pros & Cons
- there is a large variety of topics covered
- you have access to podcasts
- the video lessons are easy to follow and to put into action
- you have access to webinars
- signing up is free and you get paid to follow the lessons.
- you do not have access to all the video tutorials at once, which personally made me feel really frustrated and kind of fooled lol
- the shoemoney system payment page only mentions a one time payment of $97 but if you look at the Terms & Conditions page (and you always should) you’ll see that when you sign up you agree to monthly payments, which members report are $197 a month. The Terms & Conditions also lay out that there are “no refunds” and “absolutely no exceptions” to this policy
- if you already have years of experience in pay per click, SEO, affiliate marketing, lead generation, etc., you don’t need it
- if you decide to temporarily stop the subscription, you can NOT re-subscribe and pick up where you left off. If you cancel and re-subcribe you will have to start over at the beginning and go through what you’ve already learned while paying the monthly subscription along the way. Not a deal-breaker, but keep it in mind.
- there isn’t a community where you can ask questions or share tips. You are on your own and I find it’s a bit of a shame because you always need help and feedback when you’re building your own business… but anyway!
- with this course you are going to have to spend some money, eventually :
to purchase a domain name and setting up hosting for your website
to signup with GetResponse (an autoresponder) for $19 per month
to create and run a Facebook ad campaign
to create and run a PPC campaign
Most products or programs I try these days are scams… but I am happy to announce that Shoemoney looks like an honest and worth it program to me =). Maybe not the best but most definitely not the worst either! If you except to earn money for absolutely free you might think Shoemoney is a scam… The truth is Shoemoney is not a PTC site, it’s a training program that helps you build a website and earn money from it. And whoever builds a business will eventually need to invest money in it 😉
Of course Jeremy Schoemaker is making tons of money from people purchasing web hosting packages but hey, he’s running a business too! His program is actually a good training program that I would recommend, especially if you are a total beginner. Don’t frown at the web hosting package thing… if you really want to earn money online, you’ll have to build a website and you’ll have to purchase a domain name and get hosting services in the end… =) You can’t make money if you don’t spend money !
Overall, the reviews regarding the ShoeMoney System are good, the video training courses are clear and easy to understand, again especially for newbies. As far as I’m concerned I didn’t need a new domain name or web hosting since I already own several domains and have them hosted on a single platform… but if you don’t have any of these, Shoemoney is worth the investment.
Now, I have a better alternative =) : if you are willing to learn the basics of affiliate marketing and how to earn money online, you can simply join Wealthy Affiliate. At Wealthy Affiliate, you would also get training (the best of the best) and you’d build a website. But contrary to Shoemoney you’ll be able to do that for absolutely free. You won’t have to purchase a domain if you don’t want to and as a free member you’ll have access to awesome lessons and discussions within a huge community of entrepreneurs. With that said, I think Shoemaker may be worth a shot. I wouldn’t recommend it over Wealthy Affiliate because I know from experience that it provides a lot more value, support and content to help you succeed in the long haul. But I believe the Shoemoney Network is good alternative or supplement to WA.
I hope you have a better understanding of what Shoemoney has to offer =) and why it may (or may not) be for you! I would love to hear what you think, what’s your experience with it…. Do feel free to leave your comment down below ; I’ll be more than happy to connect!