I love Etsy!
You will find the most beautiful and unique items there, and very often at a pretty reasonable price! You can also sell your own creations and earn a side / full-time income !
But without further ado here’s my Etsy review :
- what it is
- how you can join and
- a step-by-step tutorial on how to make money selling your own stuff!
Name : Etsy
Site : www.etsy.com
Type : handmade marketplace
Founders : Rob Kalin, Jared Tarbell, Chris Maguire, Haim Schoppik
Created in : 2005
Affiliate program? : yes
Payments : credit and debit cards, PayPal, Google Wallet, Apple Pay, and Etsy Gift Cards
Overall rating : 90/100
Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect to buy and sell handmade and vintage goods.
Etsy offers a meaningful and personal shopping experience to consumers and gives independent, creative businesses around the world the tools to be successful.
What do they Sell?
- clothing & accessories
- clothing, shoes, bags & purses
- body jewelry, bracelets, cuff links & tie clips, earrings, necklaces, rings
- craft supplies & tools
- fiber & textile art, foot craft supplies, general supplies, jewelry & beading, patterns & tutorials, scrapbooking supplies, sewing & needlecraft
- accessories, clothing, decorations, gifts & mementos, invitations & paper, jewelry
- books/movies/music, electronics & accessories, toys & games
- home & living
- art & collectibles, bath & beauty, paper & party supplies, pet supplies
- kids & baby
- child care, toys, accessories, blankets, clothing, headbands, shoes, books, bags, craft, furniture
How do you Join as a Consumer?
Registering is completely free and it can be done pretty quickly through your facebook or google account.
Sell Your own Stuff!
If you are creative and crafty you might want to consider opening your very own Etsy shop! Here are the many advantages you’d get as an Etsy member :
- low fees : no monthly fees, automatic deposits, secure transactions, seller protection
- powerful tools
- support and education :
- you can start selling for next to nothing (€0.18)
- 3.5 % transaction fee
- they process payments with Direct Checkout, their secure SSL-encrypted payments platform, and have security specialists and fraud detection systems to protect you and your buyers 24/7
Etsy Affiliate Program
If you’re not an artist at all, you can simply promote other people’s products on your blog/website!
You will earn commissions for sharing one-of-a-kind items from their global marketplace.
They also have Canadian, UK, French, German, Scandinavian (Sweden) and Australian affiliate programs. Affiliates should only apply to their specific country program. Commissions will be rewarded no matter what country the sale was made in. There is also an ‘EU’ and ‘Rest of World’ account, available to those with no country specific program to join.
- Standard rate 4%
- 30 day cookie period
To guarantee you will receive payment you must ensure you have fully completed your payment details including tax and payment under the Account Tab > Payment Details.
Note : New publisher sign-ups have a EUR 5.00 fee payable by a credit card, this fee is required to ensure the security of our advertisers but will be credited to your publisher account on approval.
Pros & Cons
- they have a very active community
- unique and handmade products
- passionate sellers
- secure transactions
- the products are (relatively) cheap
- you can shop but you can earn money as well (as a seller or as an affiliate, by recommending other people’s creation on your blog/website)
- it has a really good reputation
- it’s user friendly
- they allow digital products
- not as easy as it seems getting noticed ; the place is swamped. You gotta be persistent and patient
- it doesn’t allow you to customize your shop using html
I personally don’t have an Etsy shop, not because I’m not creative but because I’m already too busy running several websites lol… Maybe one day I’ll sell jewels or furniture. I’d love to do that! Sell old furniture!
But anyway! If you don’t want to open an etsy shop you can still become an affiliate and promote products your like on your own website/blog and earn commissions!
Etsy is a great website, totally reliable, with an excellent reputation. It’s a good place to get started whether you are an artist or an affiliate marketer selling stuff online!
Ideas from Etsy – by BIS
I won an Etsy Affiliate Competition! – by Neh
Does Anyone here Have an Etsy Shop? – by Steveo5770
Hope this article was useful ! Good luck!