Name : Clickbank
Website : www.clickbank.com
The team : Ray Morris, Glenn Michael, Chris Mcclave, Alex Moore
Board of directors : James F. Tune, see full board here
Created in : 1998
Type : online retailer
Cost : FREE
Overal rating : 90/100
Similar to : shareasale, commission junction (see affiliate marketing)
What is Clickbank?
Clickbank is an online retailer and has been around for over 17 years, delivering lifestyle products to tons of people around the world. It is one of the most famous and best online retailer, with 200 million customers.
Simply put, what it does is it sells digital products worldwide that were created by entrepreneurs and put on sale on Clickbank’s website.
These entrepreneurs are people who want to provide other people with things they are looking for, things they need… : whether it be paleo recipes, business training or weight loss programs… These products are sold in 190 countries.
How Does it Work?
As one of the largest online retailers, ClickBank takes advantage of the power of their digital marketing partners and sells over 6 million unique products to 200 million customers around the world.
There are three main actors at Clickbanks as a result :
- the customers, who are looking for something online (a solution to their problem, an answer to their question…)
- the product creators who will put their passion and expertise at the service of these customers
- the marketers who will promote the products on their websites/blogs
How do you Get Started?
- First things first, you want to have a website.
Today building a website is not as complicated as it sounds =) … and it can even be done for absolutely free! There are subdomains (eg : www.yourwebsitesname.subdomain.com) that you can use for free but you can also purchase your own .com, .org, .net domain (approximately $13).
– Click here if you would like to build a website for free and have it up and running in under 30 seconds! Or simply enter your chosen domain name below.
– If you would like to purchase your own domain you can do so at Namecheap
- Then you want to add content to your website.
Your content is going to be what drives visitors to your website. The more relevant and useful your content is, the more traffic obviously ! You might not know this but there are over 2 billion people searching the web everyday… Can you imagine 2 billion people looking for stuff each and every day? You could get a slice of the cake by owning a website and providing these people with answers/solutions to their problems.
- You can then join Clickbank, it’s completely free =)
Click here to join their affiliate program. Once you’ve joined Clickbank you are going to be able to increase your income potential by promoting products that are relevant to your niche (your market segment).
- You’re good to go and browse products
To promote products on your website/blog you want to log in to your Clickbank account and go to “Market Place“. Then in the search bar you will type in keywords and browse products to promote. It can be anything, it depends on your niche and what you think your visitors might be looking for.
- Start promoting products on your website !
Before your promote a product make sure you visit the product’s page as not all products are good quality and you don’t want them to make you look bad in the eyes of your readers. Once you’ve found products that you think are worth it you will be given a unique affiliate link that you will want to copy/paste into your content.
- Get credit for each sale you make !
Want to Sell Your Own Product(s)?
Why not? If thousands of people are earning money from their products each day on Clickbank, why not be one of them?
If you have ideas or an already existing product that you would like to sell worldwide, you might want to check out the official clickbank page for product creators here
How Do You Earn Money?
The earning process is very simple at clickbank :
- You go the Market Place : browse and choose a product that you want to promote
With ClickBank, you select the digital products and offers to promote. Our online marketplace contains tens of thousands of products that you can choose from, so you’re sure to always find offers that will profitably appeal to your audience.
- Promote it using your affiliate link : it will look something like this
http://f4e4diqogdus3nbqa0oaj9hkf1.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=AQ2JV7RSW4Z1%2c%3b and you will copy paste it in your content
- Get credit for each sale you make.
You can earn commissions as high as 75%. They’ve built their reputation by paying their affiliates on time, everytime for 17 years. You can choose to get paid as often as every week, through multiple payment options. Also, thanks to ClickBank’s HOPLINK™ tracking system, you’ll always get credit for your sales even if a customer waits up to 60 days to purchase after clicking your link.
Each product has their own price (some are very cheap, others are quite expensive) and each has their own paying rate of course. But Clickbank has the best commission rate in the market, so you definitely want to take it into consideration =)
- Payment distribution
Payments are sent on the Wednesday two weeks after period-end. Paper U.S. checks over $5,000 are sent at Clickbank’s expense by U.S. Priority Mail wherever possible. Paper U.S. checks over $10,000 are sent overnight via FedEx wherever available.
For the clients that reside in a country in which they do not currently offer International Direct Deposit (XACH), ClickBank does offer direct wire payment to your bank account for ClickBank accounts with sufficient volume. The additional cost for a wire payment is $35 per wire sent, and an unlimited number of ClickBank accounts can be included in a single wire. Wire payments are available in USD only.
At this time, payments are in the form of a company check in US dollars mailed to the address listed in your ClickBank account, or by direct deposit where available. For more information about payment click visit clickbank’s official page here
- Use the “Gravity” option
Gravity is an internal calculation done by Clickbank based on an algorithm that takes the number of affiliates making sales and the actual volume of sales over the past 8 week period. A high gravity either indicates that there are many affiliates making money promoting the product, or that the product is brand new and received a lot of hype. Do not base your decision on whether or not to promote a product solely on its gravity ranking…there are a lot of poor quality products with a high gravity! Conversely, there are also a lot of high quality products with low gravity.
- If you are entering a new niche, check Google Trends to see if this is growing, dying, or hot niche!
- Find products that are highly relevant to the content of your website or web pages
Pros & Cons
- they have been in business for over 17 years
- they are free to join (as a marketer, not as a product creator)
- their platform is easy to use
- they have the highest commissions out there
- they deliver thousands of products, within almost every niche you can think of
- you can sell your own products as well
- they pay each and every time
- you have the possibility to earn recurring commissions (according to products)
- they offer advanced reporting, which gives you access to detailed data about impressions, clicks, and sales for your offers
- Armed with this data, you’ll be able to fine-tune your campaign targeting to increase your earnings
- no-nonsense approach to refunds
- the possibility to add a search feature for ClickBank products on your website and earn commission when there are any sales generated from the search result page
- not all products are good quality, there is a vast amount of valueless junk… so you want to be careful with that and spend time sorting the good products from the bad apples
- there are a lot of competitors for the most popular products (this is for product creators)
- high refund rates.
Clickbank is one of the largest affiliate network of digital products in the world, if not the largest! Most affiliate marketers get started with Clickbank because it’s easy to use and they have the highest commission rates.
Plus, with over 10,000 digital products, from business training, to paleo recipes Clickbank can allow you to find just about any product to sell online, no matter what your niche is.
Depending on where you are located in the world you might not be eligible for clickbank… but don’t worry about it! There are several other excellent affiliate platforms that will accept your country ! I have listed them below :
Learn how to become a clickbank affiliate by Hgustavs
How to find a good clickbank product to promote by Nathaniell
Using clickbank by Carson
How to pick a clickbank product to promote by Veronica.l
Trick yourself into clickbank success! by Kang
I Made My First Sale on Clickbank! by … myself ! =)
Thanks for dropping! Feel free to leave a comment below, I will be more than happy to connect!