- pick a passion, an interest : it is easier to talk about something that you know or are passionate about than writing on a topic that’s “all the rage” for the sole purpose of making money. People will know if you are passionate or just trying to sell stuff. You have to be true if you want people to trust you.
- build a website : it’s not as hard as it seems and it can even be fun and exciting once you know the basics
- become an expert : learn to get ranked on search engines (google/yahoo/bing), generate the traffic (have visitors on your website) and especially comments (this will make Google consider your website as useful and helpful to people)
- monetize your website : earn an income through your recurring and growing traffic (using ads, affiliate links, PPC and much more…)
Step 1 : Understand The Money Making Process
- There are tons of ways to make money online. The key is to understand how e-business works and to get familiar with the basics. The rest will be done as you move forward and get involved in your business.
- Be aware that you will not make money immediately. It takes a bit of time (and this depends on the actions you will put in place), and be patient, do not be discouraged, do not jump to conclusions.
- Remember that at all times (especially in moments of doubt) there are about 2 billion surfing the internet, looking for something. This means that you will always find people to talk to about your products, your articles, etc.
- The key is to learn to use the tools at your disposal and to communicate in a sincere and committed way.
Step 2 : What Niche Should You Choose?
A niche is a market segment, a group of people. Your website will be about something specific, right? You are going to target a certain group of people, looking for something online… well, that’s what a niche is! The more narrow, the better and the easier it’ll be for you to get ranked on search engines!
- Choose a niche and don’t run in different directions. You can not create 10 websites all at once and still be effective. Money should not be your motive but rather a step to a greater goal. Before you achieve your final goal, you must pick a direction and stick to it. This direction is your “niche” and you are going to create content within that niche.Your content will be relevant, interesting and helpful to your audience.
- You can not pick the “wrong” niche because as I said above there are 2 billion people online each day which means there’s room for everyone. You don’t need 2 billion people to visit your website to earn a full time income. You need a loooot less than that. From the moment you pick a subject that you are interested in you are going to do great!
Step 3 : Build A Website (duh!)
Well done! You have picked a niche and now all you have to do is build a website !
To do so you are going to need to choose a domain name. You can either buy a domain name (on namecheap for instance) or get a free domain (on siterubix). .com, .org or .net domains tend to rank better on search engines but a siterubix.com is going to do fine for a starter. You can also join Wealthy Affiliate and as a premium member ($47/month) get unlimited domain names (.com, .org, .net…), hosting, support, live chat, training, access to wordpress, keyword research tool to help you get ranked on search engines and much more.
If you have a siterubix website with great content it will rank just the same! I guess it just looks less professional than a domain you own =)
Step 4 : Set Up Your Website
- plugins (software component that adds a specific feature to your website (newsletter subscription, buttons, social share buttons, product catalog…)
- SEO (search engine optimization) : make sure search engines will love you! =)
- content and keywords : understand the importance of writing unique, relevant and useful content for your audience and of using good keywords
- write quality content for your website !
- remember that anyone can achieve success. The only people who fail are the ones who quit !
- anything new can be scary at first, but don’t panic. You will learn and adapt =)
- you don’t necessarily need to have experience or tons of degrees to build a successful online business
- success is no accident or luck
- never be afraid to ask questions. There are no stupid questions. It’s best to be natural and ask questions as they come to mind… This will get you out of a situation that would have been a dead end. You will get better much more quickly by asking questions and getting answers. This will also help you build a network of entrepreneurs and eventually friends.
- put into action everything you learn, and I mean everything. Always do something, even when it seems insignificant. There are no small actions or small steps. Every little thing you do will lead you to success. Only inaction and giving up will lead you to failure.
- be real, true to yourself and authentic. Talk about yourself, show yourself. Don’t pretend and don’t copy others because your audience will know and will turn their back on you. You don’t have to tell private things or post pictures of your family but people need to know you’re a real person and not something vague behind a computer. Always remember you are talking to real people and that these people need to know you are a real person too, with a face, a voice, a past, a personality, an opinion, etc.
Thanks for dropping by and good luck