What Is Happiness?
Such a big word to describe such a small thing! It seems to me that mostpeople are perpetually caught up in the pursuit of happiness, as if they
were chasing a rainbow.
But is there anything more absurd than pursuing a rainbow when one can simply observe and admire it before it disappears? It appears obvious that happiness works the same way as a rainbow : a short and magic moment to seize.
Is it the Holy Grail?
We tend to think that somehow, we are forced to tirelessly pursue happiness, like the holy grail, when in fact we simply need to open our eyes and enjoy the moment. Happiness is not something mysterious or unattainable or reserved for a few lucky ones.
Luck does not exist, it is provoked by our actions. So what is happiness? My definition of happiness is one that in my opinion requires less efforts and will thus cause less frustration and disappointment.
Happiness are moments of varying lengths during which we allow ourentire being to contemplate and feel, without room for any negative thoughts. Simply put, happiness are the little things!
It is so easy to forget these little things in our tumultuous everyday life : whether we are burning out at work, going through a painful breakup, grieving, battling sickness… we tend to be invaded by negative thoughts.
And because negative thoughts take over the little important things we say to ourselves things like : ” I will never be happy”, “I am not cut out for happiness “… and other negative beliefs.
In reality, if we simply learn to take a step back from any situation that overwhelms us, we can gradually fill our thoughts and body with beautiful things.
If you think positive, you will SEE and LIVE and FEEL positive! So, without further ado here are for you, my little pleasures that when added up, contribute to my daily happiness !
My Little Pleasures
- hearing thunder and seeing lightning at night
- sleeping against a fluffy warm purring cat
- pushing my fingers into lentils or seeds at the market
- the smell of the earth after rain
- diving into a hot bath and closing my eyes
- listening to music and vibrating to the sound of instruments
- laughing out loud
- cleaning out (with my fingers) the bowl that I used to make a cake
- picking fruit and eating them on the tree – still warm from the sun
- feeling good with someone without having to speak
- being under water, listening to the waves and the sand crackling
- watching a roaring fire and being mesmerized by the movement of the flames, numbed by the heat and rocked by the whistle of the logs
- seeing the ones you love
- watching children play
- holding and petting a baby animal
- looking at the stars and dreaming
- hearing the birds sing from my bed in the morning
- walking in powder snow and hearing it creak
- being tired after a day of snowboard
- making a gift
- having time
- being immersed in an exciting novel
- feeling the warm sun on my face
- regressing to childhood
- horseback riding, galloping in the forest or along a beach
- seeing a beautiful sunset or a beautiful sunrise
- being given a foot massage
- smelling something that brings back good memories
- entering a Sephora store and breathing deeply
- dreaming that you can fly
- making someone laugh
- getting a surprise
- reading harry potter, for the four hundred tenth time
- sleeping with a bottle of hot water
- being in a roller coaster and screaming with pleasure
- snuggling against someone you love
- diving into the waves
- hearing a sincere “I love you”
- watching a movie under the blanket with someone you love
- wanting to smile for no reason
- walking barefoot in the grass
- the first seafood knives , first oysters, first foie gras of the year
- feeling light after a good workout session
- waking up with a smile, after a beautiful dream
- receiving a sweet unexpected message from someone you love
- taking care of your plants, seeing them grow and bloom
- drinking a cold beer in summer
- being tired after a day at the beach
- listening to loud music in the car
- being at a concert, and not thinking about anything because you make one with the music
- breaking the caramel crust on a creme brulee with your spoon
- falling asleep while you are in sunbed
- eating something you were craving
- playing the piano and thinking about nothing
- the smell of horse on your clothes and hands after riding
- having a place that’s clean, tidy and smells good
- eating with your fingers
- listening and watching the rain fall
- listening to crickets on summer evenings
- growing your own fruit and vegetables
- taking off and landing
- the contact of thin sheets between my toes
- eating pasta shells with butter and ham like when I was little
- taking a walk at a market full of colors and smells
- putting on comfortable clothes, taking off your shoes after a long day at work
- entering a church and feeling small, letting yourself be “intoxicated” by the particular smell of stone walls, feeling the weight of centuries all around you
- saving an animal
- helping someone
- holding a snake in your hand that wraps around your fingers
- achieving a goal, no matter how small it is
- getting out of the movies and still feeling somewhere else
- breathing deeply the belly or the neck of my cat
- laughing until you can’t breathe anymore
- spending such a good evening that you do not see time pass and wish it would last forever
- Christmas atmosphere : the good meal, the Christmas tree, the gifts, the smiles, family, the champagne, the cold outside, the fireplace
- playing with a cat or any animal
- this light feeling when I get out of the hairdresser
- inventing a dish that turns out to be delicious!
- kissing someone passionately
- hearing the first notes of Harry Potter
- the genuine smile of a stranger
- the muffled sounds when it snows
- walking on pine needles and acorns in fall and hearing them crack under my feet
Feel free to share yours, it might give me ideas to enrich my days! =) Thank you for dropping by and see you soon!
The Law of Attraction – Quantum Physics for Dummies – by Katkatskitchen
Positive Thoughts – by Pattucker
Positive Thoughts Can Change Your Life! – by Daniel Euergetes
11 Thoughts That Successful People Follow – by Joshjijo
People Also Like
1 – These audio trainings will teach you how to influence people and even groups so that you are a source of power. These seminars are only taught to a very selective live audience by mind control expert Dantalion Jones. Learn what few really know.
2 – Joe Vitale’s Law Of Attraction Certification
3 – Fantastic offer in personal development and self help.
Have a positive day filled with tons of happy little pleasures! =)