First Things First
You want to build a website ^^. If you don’t already have one you can create one for free and have it up and running in under 30 seconds. Simply enter a domain name below and click the button =). If you already own a website but have difficulty monetizing it you can just scroll down… =)
What Are The Benefits Of Having A Website?
I’m sure you already know that, but as internet marketers, a website allows you to share your ideas and information to people (consumers), people who eventually will buy from you, through your website. With a website, you have much more control over the sales, which gives you a huge advantage.
The benefits of having your own website are plenty but here are a few ones that I find important :
- A web site is less expensive than a real shop (however you do have a piece of real estate with your website! except at a cheaper price!!!)
- A web site allows you to advertise because it is more environmental friendly when it comes to advertising and marketing
- A web site gives you satisfaction and pride!
- A web site has constant accessibility : you can go on vacation and your business will still be running
- A web site gives you access to info and full control of your business : you can actually know everything that is happening on your web site, in real time (using google analytics). You can see information such as how many people visited your website, or how many people messaged or emailed you, where they were from, how much time they spent on your web site, what page they have read, etc.
- A web site is… well… fresh and attractive! =)
- A web site can generate links. If you have a good website with quality and engaging content, products or services, people are more likely to link your website to theirs. This means they recognize your website as valuable. And google loves quality and engaging content!
Google offers a program called Google Adsense for publishers (bloggers, website owners) and advertisers (business owners, marketers, product owners).
This system is quite simple. You place a code on your website that will start displaying relevant ads to your website. For example, if your site is about business, Google Adsense will start showing your visitors ads for business and so on. Google will also use your visitors google history searches to display relevant ads that they are more likely to click on… Pretty sneaky I know! =)
When someone clicks on the ad, you will receive money for this click. It’s usually $0,5 to $5 per click, but when your site has enough traffic – you can make hundreds if not thousands of dollars per month.
If you would like to apply to google adsense click the below link :
- Apply for AdSense – Before applying, keep yourself updated with their terms and conditions, though. Google is very strict with their rules so it’s not uncommon to get kicked off the program ^^
- Commission junction – reliable, payments on-time.
- ShareASale – mostly clothes and accessories
- Clickbank – high payouts, but lack of GOOD products to promote.
- Selling ad space
- Selling your own products or services
- Sponsored posts and articles
- Generate leads for other companies
- Build an email list
- Give away premium content
- Sell an e-book
Affiliate marketing is the #1 way to make money through your website/blog. In short, you sell (or recommend) someone else’s product(s) on your website. When your website visitor clicks on your affiliate link and buys the product – you’ll receive commission. It’s as simple as that. The good thing about affiliate marketing (as opposed to MLM is that you can recommend products that are competitors which is absolutely a no no with MLM)
The commission is usually 30% – 70% of the product or service price. So if you promote an e-book that costs $100, you’ll get $50 for referring the buyer (just an example). Sometimes commission is 10%, which is still good ^^
There are several places online where you can subscribe for free and find products to recommend. Here are a few :
You can also simple type “product name + affiliate program” on google and see the results. Know that there is an affiliate program for almost anything you can think of =) (food, clothing, cosmetics, books…)
Other Ways to Monetize your Website
As you can see there are tons of options when you build a website and it is very likely that you will get overwhelmed if you start looking into them right away. I suggest you focus on building a website and writing your first quality and engaging content.
Do keep in mind that you will make more progress if you regularly ask for feedback, add relevant images, write easy to read paragraphs, add titles and always always are honest and true to yourself ! There is one place that has literally changed my business and helped me make more sales, it’s called Wealthy Affiliate. If you would like to get training, free websites, support, free hosting and other cool features you should definitely give it a try! You can find me there, my username is BelieveItYes =)
I hope this article was helpful. Please feel free to leave a comment below, I will be more than happy to comment!