Do You Hate Your 9-5 Job?
Do you wish there was a way for you to quit and do something you really love, something that pays better? What if I told you there is such a thing? Would you do whatever it takes (nothing illegal of course lol) to earn $10,000 a month (or more) and quit your boring job at the office?
If you answered yes to most of the questions here’s what I suggest you do :
- pick a passion/interest : this will be your market segment or ‘niche’
- join a community called Wealthy Affiliate : it’s an online training platform that teaches you everything you need to learn about affiliate marketing
- build a website : a website is the #1 way to earn money online
- write content : if you picked a passion/interest it’ll be easy
- learn to monetize your website : through advertising, PPC, affiliate links…
- earn money =)
The Keys to Success Online
The above recommendations are the steps to start building a business. They are the exact steps I took to build the website you are on and a few others I’ve created since then. But then what are the steps to actually succeed and be financially free? From my experience and that of my fellow competitors and friends your success will require :
- patience : there’s no such thing as getting rich overnight, unless you are involved in a scam, which will eventually collapse and leave you broke and frustrated
- determination : you need to set goals and stick to them. The only ones who fail are the ones who quit
- humility : you don’t know everything and you can’t do everything on your own. Be willing to ask for help and feedback. Accept other people’s advice so you can get better at what you do
- honesty : be yourself. Don’t try and be someone’s clone, just because they’re successful and you want to have the same kind of success. People experience success because they’re showing their unique self
- reactivity : don’t procrastinate or get distracted. What is it you really want? How bad do you want it? Are you willing to roll up your sleeves to get those $10,000 a month? How about a million dollars within the next 5 years?
- questioning : set reasonable goals. Celebrate all your successes, especially the smallest ones… Achieving success can take time and will require efforts and hard work. If you celebrate each accomplishment along the way you’ll gain more confidence and you’ll be more likely to keep on setting daily and achievable goals. Your road to success will be much more pleasant than if you only decide to celebrate the ultimate success you are after
Finally I would like to share with you some of the tips I’ve learned from Dom, a successful marketer who’s recently been featured on Entrepreneur.com. He went from $0 to $10 in 3 years :
Fast Cars Go Quickly, Businesses Don’t
Supercars always brag about how fast they can go from 0 to 60. It’s usually something like oh I dunno…10 seconds. Is that fast? Sounds fast anyway.
With a business…3 years to get from $0 to anything sounds pretty slow, but that doesn’t make it any less attractive, at least not to me.
Some people might look at that and think “Wow, I want $10,000 a month!” but may be put off by the fact it took three years.
Others will think it’s fine, afterall, three years is nothing in exchange for financial freedom.
Basically, in a very short time, things have taken off for me and those 2 and a half years of sweat and hard work are paying off and then some.
I guess a business is less like a sports car and more like a Rolls Royce. It might not accelerate quickly, but it cruises like a beast.
Don’t Worry About How Long It’s Taking
Seriously. Who cares how long it takes? As long as you can keep going, and get through the burnouts, you’ll reach some level of success.
What you need to do is think to yourself the following:
If I keep at this, I will succeed sooner or later.
Things Click And Then They Fire
“First you are unconsciously incompetent”. You are a beginner, you’re useless (no offence) and you don’t even know why.
“Next you are consciously incompetent”. You’re still a bit useless but you know what you need to do and learn. Woop.
“Then you are consciously competent”. You’re doing the right things and you know roughly why. Keep doing this, this is good.
“Finally you are unconsciously competent”, basically you got the Midas touch and there’s a lot of gold floating around.
It’s A Steep Curve
Here’s a rough breakdown (…) of how much I earned since January 2013. The point of this is to show you how steep the learning curve is, and how steep the income suddenly goes up.
Jan 13: $50 – Feb: $50 – March: $100 – April: $120 – May: $200 – June: $300 – July: $450 – August: $700 – September: $600 – October: $650 – November: $750 – December: $750
Jan 14: $650 – Feb: $500 – March: $800 – April: $900 – May: $1,000 WOOOO – June: $$1,100 ish – July: $1000 – August: $2,100 – September: $2,500 – October: $2,000 – November: $2,700 – December: $1,500
January 15: $4,500 – February 15: $3,500 – March: $6,500 – April: $5,000 – May: $5,500 – June: $8,500 – July: $10,000…
If you would like to read Dominic full story click here !
You can read more awesome success stories here as well. If you have achieved any successes online, I’d love to hear them so feel free to leave a comment below! =)